Monday, 22 September 2008

Yob Status

So, I have currently applied to a number of organizations, and heard back partially. I sent resumes to Gizmodo, NextBus, imeem, Verical, Institutional Broker Deals, and the Association of Bay Area Governments.
I had an interview at Gizmodo. They were interested in me, and I was super excited about them. To work there is about the coolest thing I can imagine. I was a little worried about the phrase "small stipend", but hey, I am still working for GE, and how small could it be?
Insultingly small, as it turns out. Here is the difference between Engineering and Journalism: my do-nothing programming internship grossed $3500 per month, and Giz offered me $200 for a constantly-strange-hours-produce-or-die type thing. I told them I'd rather do a quarter of the work the position requires, but i'd do it for free. We shall see. On the other hand, the IBD gig is $125k/year, and the ABAG thing is 6-8k/mo. No word on salary from the remaining three.
Did also get a followup from NextBus, and these are the first two I applied to, so I would consider myself 2 for 2. They are going to interview me tomorrow. Wish me luck!
UPDATE: Had my interview with NextBus, nailed it.

No comments: